NIS Bayelsa State Command To Commence Issuance Of Enhance E-Passport
The Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS Bayelsa State Command will commence issuance of the Enhanced E-Passport.
According to the Command, it is in a bid to move from the present passport regime to an upgraded and highly secured polycarbonate passport with over 25 security features on a globally acceptable standard.
The process, the Command said will give way to a new passport regime, which will gradually phase out the former.
The NIS Bayelsa Command advised applicants to comply with the new standard of cashless, self-servicing process and streamlined system of applying, capturing, processing and collection with dates generated by the system thereby eliminating third party and touting by unscrupulous elements.
The Nigeria Immigration Service, the Command pointed out wants an institutionally driven process without interference.
The Minister of Interior Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola will commission the project alongside the Comptroller General of Immigration Isa Jere Idris with Rivers State as Centre for the zone linking other passport processing centres such as Akwa-Ibom, Bayelsa, Cross River and Rivers State passport offices respectively.
The enhanced electronic passport has unique features and comes in three categories/ menus.
- 32 pages, 5 years validity
- 64 pages, 5 years validity
- 64 pages, 10 years validity
Easy steps to get your enhanced electronic passport makes it easier and personalised.
- Visit passport.immigration.gov.ng
- Fill the form and make the payment online
- Download and print the form and payment slip
- Print appointment slip
- Visit the passport office only on the appointment day. Come with the requirements, including the appointment slip for biometric enrollment.
- You must use the NIN to apply for the enhanced electronic passport.
The timeline for processing the enhanced electronic passport is 6 weeks for fresh application and 3 weeks for renewal application.
The Command advised applicants to call 08021819988 or visit www.immigration.gov.ng for further information.