NCAT Begins Phased Resumption Of Training Activities October 12
The Nigerian College of Aviation Technology (NCAT) has obtained the approval of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) and the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) for resumption of training activities post COVID-19 lockdown.
A statement by the college said that NCAT will commence phased resumption of training activities from Monday, October 12, 2020 with enhanced safety and training measures in line with it’s COVID-19 Prevention/Control Procedures Manual.
NCAT stated that to ensure maximum safety and comfort of trainees at the College, some precautions and measures were adopted to prevent the spread and transmission of COVID-19 virus.
It listed the precaution and measures to include:
- Development of COVID-19 Prevention/Control Procedures Manual (NCOVID-19PM) in line with the recommendations of the NCAA, NBTE, Federal Ministry of Health, and WHO.
- Regular, well-supervised, and documented cleaning and disinfection of aircraft, simulators, trainers, training equipment, classrooms, briefing rooms, aircraft hangars, hostels, cafeteria and other training facilities in strict compliance with the NCOVID-19PM and NCDC recommendations
- Health Screenings of all students on arrival at the College’s Aero-medical Center.
- Provision of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for all trainees and staff as well as enforcing the mandatory use of face masks during trainings and in public spaces.
- Provision of Hand washing and Hand sanitizing points at multiple locations within the College premises.
- Fixing of Signages at strategic locations in the College to sensitize staff and trainees about the prevention and control of COVID-19.
- Rearrangement of seats in classrooms, workshops, laboratories, cafeteria and other training facilities to ensure physical distancing of 2m. Each classroom is currently arranged to accommodate half of its normal capacity.
- Labelling of seats to ensure social distancing in Lecture Theater, offices, common rooms, laboratories, workshops and hangars.
- Conduct of Online HSE training with emphasis on COVID-19 Prevention/control for all trainees prior to resump
The statement advised students as they are planning for resumption of training at NCAT, Zaria, they should visit our website the college’s website www.ncat.gov.ng to get acquainted with the NCAT Resumption Flow Chart, its current COVID-19 prevention/control guidelines and instructions for Students, AMC Health Information Form, and resumption dates for returning students.
NCAT with the vision of maintaining the prestigious position of the foremost aviation training institution in Africa and amongst the best in the world, has consistently for over 55 years provided the aviation industry with professionals and other personnel through training and related services for safe air transportation in accordance with international standards.
The College is an NCAA Approved Training Organization (ATO) and designated as a Regional Training Centre of Excellence by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).
It is also accredited by NBTE to offer National and Higher National Diploma Courses.