…Releases 10 Point Agenda
…To Make Workers Welfare, Good Governance, Human Capacity Development Primary Focus
…As All Roads Lead To Ijebu—Ode Jan.26
Barely 21 days to the election of the National President of the Air Transport Services Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (ATSSSAN), the Branch Chairman, Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA), Comrade Emmanuel Chukwu, has promised to make human capital development, workers welfare and good governance his primary focus.
This is just as he stated special attention to human capital development both at the secretariat and amongst officers at all level is very important for the union to play at the peak of its capabilities with unionists that are well trained and knowledgeable.
To send a clear message to other candidates that he would give them a run for their money, Comrade Chukwu also released a- 10- point agenda,
The NCAA Presidential hopeful, who disclosed this to Abelnewsng.com on phone, revealed that what he has started is a movement and not a campaign, adding that it has gone beyond electioneering campaign.
On what is driving him to contest for the position, he said, “Those who know me and have been following the association in particular and aviation union in general know that I have been very consistent .What is driving me is the intention to enthrone pragmatic and proactive unionism that will complement managements and government other than being appendage of management, to victimise perceived enemies and foes.”
Chukwu explained that the much talked about election is expected to usher in a new President that will take over from the incumbent National President, Comrade Benjamin Okewu, who many said have served the association meritoriously.
The NCAA Candidate added that the election is scheduled to hold at the Second Quadrennial Conference scheduled for January 26, 27 and 28, 2017, for Ijebu Ode, Ogun.
He stated that the Chukwu led ATSSSAN would be driven by constitutionality and that the sanctity of the constitution would be respected at all times.
Fillers reaching Abelnewsng.com indicates that Chukwu, a well known aviation industry Master of Ceremony (MC) also known as compere is not leaving anything to chance.
On what workers should expect from him when he becomes the president of ATSSSAN, the NCAA Presidential candidate stated that he would to make workers welfare, good governance, transparency his priority.
Comrade Chukwu also promised to fight for good condition of service for workers in collaboration with other sister unions in the aviation industry.
He urged workers to vote for him adding that together they will make the association great.
On the fears being entertained by some aviation workers, who spoke to Abelnewsng.com on the condition of anonymity that Comrade Chukwu may not be able to challenge and stand firm when NCAA his primary constituency is involved in a trade dispute with ATSSSAN or other aviation unions, One of the members of the campaign team, Femi Ajagbe,”those expressing fears are only looking for excuse. If there is any trade dispute involving NCAA and ATSSSAN,I am very sure Comrade Chukwu will tell the authorities when they are wrong”
Also contesting for the position of ATSSSAN National President is the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN), candidate, Comrade Sarah Rindam, who is the only woman in the race and another candidate from the Nigeria Airspace Management Agency (NAMA), whose name the online platform could not confirm. End
Below is Comrade Emmanuel Chukwu’s 10 Point Agenda for ATSSSAN Presidency
- For true and tested leadership driven by constitutionality, the sanctity of the constitution would be respected at all times by the presidency of a Chukwu- lead ATSSSAN.
- A veritable and reliable voice for workers. I do and would still do all that is required to protect EVERY worker’s interest and job and even create more jobs in the industry.
- Will ensure an ATSSSAN as a corporate institution that is virile, dynamic, responsive, functional and sustainable.
- Restoration of true comradeship. With a humble and God fearing disposition, the situation where comrades engage in back stabbing, enmity, betrayals etc would be a thing of the past.
- My Presidency will by the help of my vast training in crisis management and alternative dispute resolution chart a new course in crisis resolution using the win – win technique.
- Human capital development will be given special attention both at the secretariat and amongst officers at all levels. It is very important for the union to play at the pick of her capabilities with unionists that are well trained and knowledgeable.
- We will diversify the economic frontiers of the association to play a more pivotal role in the development of the aviation industry.
- The covenant of ” an injury to one is an injury to all” will be sacrosanct and our watch word.
- Capacity building will be paramount as new crop of leaders will be raised to sustain a vibrant unionism through scheduled long term training in labour institutes abroad other than the ad hoc frivolous trips to attend national days of some countries, to the detriment of knowledge and empowerment .
- To enthrone pragmatic and proactive unionism that will complement managements and government other than being appendage of management, to victimise perceived enemies and foes. Our watch word is ‘ IN GOD WE TRUST’.
Thank you very much.