The Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON) has taken over 12 assets belonging to Chairman of Global Fleet Group, Jimoh Ibrahim and frozen all his accounts over N69.4billion debt.
The takeover of the 12 assets followed an order by Justice R.M. Aikawa of a Federal High Court, in Lagos.
AMCON took over the 12 assets on Wednesday through its Debt Recovery Agent, Pinheiro Legal Partners.
The assets include:
- NICON Investment Limited building at Plot 242, Muhammadu Buhari Way,
- Central Business District, Abuja
- NICON Hotels Limited building at Plot 557, Port-Harcourt Crescent, off Gimbiya Street, Abuja
- NICON Lekki Limited at No. 5, Customs Street, Lagos.
Other are :
- Abuja International Hotels Limited building located at No. 3, Hospital Road, Lagos
- A property at Plot 242, Muhammadu Buhari Way, Abuja
- Former Allied Bank Building on Mile 2, Oshodi Express Way, Apapa Road, Lagos
- Energy House located on No. 94, Awolowo Road, Ikoyi, Lagos
- NICON Building at No. 40, Madeira Street, Maitama, Abuja
- A Residential Apartment at Road 2, House A14, Victoria Garden City, Lagos
- NICON Hotels Building at Plot 3, Road 3, Victoria Garden City, Lagos
- NICON Luxury Hotel’s Building, Garki I, FCT, Abuja.
Besides the seizure of his assets, the court also ordered that all his accounts be frozen including Global Fleet Oil & Gas Limited and NICON Investment Limited all of who are defendants in the suit No. FHL/L/CL/776/2016 presided over by Justice Aikawa on Wednesday November 4, 2020.
The court also granted AMCON possession over all shares belonging to the embattled Ibrahim and his two companies that are domiciled in Nigerian Re-Insurance Company Plc, NICON Insurance Company Plc, Nigeria Stockbrokers Limited and NICON Trustees Limited.
AMCON’s image maker, Jude Nwauzor, confirmed that all the assets that are listed by the court and scattered around Abuja and Lagos had been successfully taken over by AMCON with the help of court bailiffs and officers and men of the Nigerian police as ordered by the court.